This extension officially lives at mw:Extension:Html2Wiki
See the documentation there, since it is maintained with the software.
This site may host development ideas or interesting examples/demos.
Other conversion tools
Html2Wiki relies on
pandoc to do format conversion. Here are some other approaches to doing conversions.
LibreOffice Writer can connect to a Wiki, and allow you to edit and save articles in the wiki.
- Make sure your LibreOffice can export MediaWiki directly from any format that LibreOffice can read
sudo apt-get install libreoffice-wiki-publisher
With this library installed, you can now export documents straight out of LibreOffice.
This isn't really better than using LibreOffice directly, but it is an option to at least compare the output (assuming direct export is giving a bad result)
- Convert a doc to mediawiki by converting to HTML first, and then using
pandocto convert HTML to MediaWiki markup
libreoffice --headless --convert-to html /tmp/awk.cheat.sheet.doc && \ pandoc awk.cheat.sheet.html -o awk.cheat.sheet.mw -f html -t mediawiki
https://devotter.com/converter is a webform interface to pandoc
Note: MediaWiki/Toolbox explains how we add a custom link to the "toolbox" element of this site.
- todo Html2Wiki workboard
- todo upgrade extension to work with new loading mechanism
- todo Create a service to import Google Docs to wiki
- todo Expand Html2Wiki to include anything that pandoc supports