Resource Sites[edit | edit source]
- Aidan Lister from Autstralia has a nice site online (source provided to make your own similar site) which lists many classes and PHP functions for doing routine things that you will inevitabably face in programming. Things like making a directory structure recursively, or checking the size of a directory and it's contents. http://aidanlister.com/
- Jeroen (John) Post created http://onlinephpfunctions.com/ which lets you play with PHP code in the browser, and specifically test that code with multiple versions of PHP.
Language Features[edit | edit source]
Magic Methods[edit | edit source]
- SetnGeti - an implementation of Magic Methods for getting and setting based on traits and DocBlock comments.
- Don't do it the wrong way
JSON[edit | edit source]
json_decode(), you either get an object, or using the optional second
parameter, you can force the return value to an array. In the former case, you access the content using object notation. In the latter case, you use array notation.
$data = json_decode($data); $version = $data->query->general->generator; // or $data = json_decode($data, true); $version = $data['query']['general']['generator'];
ToDo[edit | edit source]
- implement the codesniffer locally https://github.com/wikimedia/mediawiki-tools-codesniffer